My new ‘Roman’ fence (it wasn’t built in a day) stayed propped up with various bits of stakes etc, and was often laying on the garden for weeks as the weather and work conspired against me. As a friend noted, it wasn’t going to keep anything out.
I finally got all the posts in. A couple of pieces had to have some length taken off the legs to bring them down near the rest of the fence. Some posts went through the legs of the bedhead, some tied to the sides. Mostly wooden stakes as the plastic ones I bought were too thick to go through the bedposts. Then the adding of the netting.
Got nice black plastic net for around $20 for 10m at Bunnings which was better than chicken wire as it won’t stay pushed up if they try to go under (a few sections I’ve added a length of wire at the base to keep it down), but being black it fades from view. I’d have had to paint chicken wire. The netting will need a few more cable ties added once it has relaxed into place a bit more but it became a race against the sunset to get it on.
There are three gates which simply lift and rotate around the stake through their post. This means I can push the mower through the back, or open the front to add pine bark etc.
So far so good. The petunias are flowering (apparently petunia buds are yummy…) and the chrysanthemum is covered in buds.
Next job, to extend the garden to the fence, and add a couple of clematis.
See part 1 here