I’m devastated. I’ve just discovered that apparently I don’t have any photos of the study before I dismantled it. I have pics of the process to put it together, but none of the ‘finished’ product of the last year or so.
My study used to be my sister’s bedroom. It was the first room where I got smart and picked the curtain fabric first, then used it to find the paint colours instead of trying to find something to go with the walls. Of course, after trying literally dozens of paint samples I ended up using the same “Swiss Muesli” that is in the sunroom, but it’s the thought process that counts, right?
A few years ago I bought a new printer and discovered I had something like 14 different surfaces in the study and none that would fit the printer. So I built a desk across one wall and a return down the other, fitting them around file cabinets and bookshelves. I built DVD shelves behind the door that fitted my CDs, my VHS and my DVDs, as well as my laptop.. The shelves I built on the walls were made to fit my recipe folders, my trade paperbacks, my family tree folders, etc. The wardrobe and old library trolley were FULL of craft stuff.
Every millimetre of that room was organised and used. As I sit here in my new study and wonder where on earth the crystal tabs and spare tapes for the label printer might be, I really miss it.
Here’s what I gave up:
A lot of stuff for a room that barely makes 2m x 3m. 🙂 It took more than 14 reflex boxes just to empty the dvd shelves.